Before you follow the steps below to perform the calibration, the Atomos device needs to be switched on with pictures on the screen, and the ColorChecker Display Pro (or Plus) plugged into your computer via USB for at least 30 minutes. Calibration should also be performed in a dark environment, at a temperature between 22˚C to 30˚C.
- Download the latest version of Atomos Calibrator software from the bottom of this page.
- Unpack the ZIP file and install the Atomos Calibrator software.
- Connect the 2.5mm jack of the USB to Serial cable to the LANC/Remote port of your Atomos device, and the USB connector into your Windows PC or Mac. On the NINJA V/V+, SHOGUN CONNECT and Shinobi 7, set the Remote mode in the Input menu to Calibration/LANC.
- Launch the Atomos Calibrator software.
- Rotate the protective cover of the ColorChecker Display Pro (or Plus) to reveal the lens. Place the ColorChecker in the center of the LCD of your Atomos device and make sure that it doesn’t move during the calibration process. The foam seal around the sensor must sit flat on the LCD to ensure that no light can enter the sensor.
- In the Atomos Calibrator software, press Detect.
- After your device is detected, press Calibrate to initiate the calibration process.
You can find in-depth instructions, and the full list of Monitors/Recorders compatible with our Atomos Calibrator software via this link.
Atomos Calibrator Software
The current version of Atomos Calibrator software is available for download at the bottom of the page. It has been tested on Mac and PC to support calibration of the following products:
- Shogun Connect
- Zato Connect
- Sumo 19SE
- Ninja V+
- Ninja V
- Neon 24
- Neon 17
- Shogun 7
- Shogun Studio 2
- Shinobi 7″
- Shinobi 5″ HDMI
- Shinobi 5″ SDI
- Sumo 19
- Shogun Inferno
- Ninja Inferno
To calibrate legacy products, Atomos Calibrator version 1.5 is required. You can find in-depth instructions, links to download version 1.5 and the full list of Monitors/Recorders compatible with our Atomos Calibrator software via this link.
Download Calibration Software
You can download the Atomos Calibrator Software via the Product Support section of the website.
Calibrite ColorChecker Display Pro & ColorChecker Display Plus
Calibrate your monitors and recorders to ensure accurate displays on your shoots.