SAMURAI FIRMWARERegister your product
Download Samurai Firmware File
|Version number:||4.11 (recommended for all users)|
|Link to file:||ATOMSAM_4.11.zip|
|Release date:||March 14, 2013|
|Previous versions:||4.1, 4.02, 4.01, 4.0, 3.21, 3.01, 3.0, 2.8, 2.7, 2.61, 2.6, 2.52, 2.51|
IMPORTANT: Avid DNxHD requires activation – see right.
If you only need to use Apple ProRes, there is no need to activate the Avid DNxHD codec.
NEW FEATURES/BUG FIXES:
Added support for Avid DNxHD 36. (NB: this is only available for 1080p, as defined by the SMPTE VC-3 AvidDNxHD Spec, and not for 1080i or 720p)
Added support for playback of Avid DNxHD files from NLEs or other recorders (eg: AJA, Sound Devices & Blackmagic Design)
Added support for file recovery of Avid DNxHD movies
Fixed an issue where it was not possible to use File Recovery when the ‘Recover Later’ option had been selected
Added ‘Recover Later’ option from playback file list
Re-calibrated audio (fixes -12dBFS premature clipping issue)
AtomOS firmware update indicates “Please wait…” during updating (replacing Atomos logo)
Fixed an issue with DNxHD where the last scanline of some frames were encoded incorrectly
- Updated DNxHD codec names in main display to show: 220x, 220, 145 and 36
- Camera trigger must be set to “None/Timecode” before rolling timecode trigger can be enabled. The rolling timecode trigger enable button is grayed out for all other camera triggers. This should prevent capture of multiple files
- Fixed issue preventing emergency firmware upgrade from running
- Download and unzip (if necessary) the ATOMxxx.FW file
- Copy the file onto a recommended, formatted drive, using the docking station included with your recorder
- Insert the drive into the Atomos recorder
- Power up the Atomos recorder
- The screen will show flashing lines of colour. This is normal – DO NOT power off!
- Updating will take a few minutes
- Once completed, the Atomos recorder will power down
- Power up the Atomos recorder again
- Check Menu > Info > Firmware Version – this should match the version you have just downloaded
- Continue to enjoy your updated Atomos recorder!
See also the video tutorial to the right. If you experience any problems running the firmware update, please see our troubleshooting guide: How To Update My Atomos Recorder
|Link to file:||ATOMSAM_4.1.zip|
|Release date:||January 18, 2013|
|Previous versions:||4.02, 4.01, 4.0, 3.21, 3.01, 3.0, 2.8, 2.7, 2.61, 2.6, 2.52, 2.51|
NEW FEATURES/BUG FIXES:
- Added support for Avid DNxHD 45/40/35. Note that as defined by the SMPTE VC-3 specification Avid DNxHD 45/40/35 is only available for 1080p video. Avid DNxHD 45/40/35 is NOT available for 1080i or 720p video.
- Added support for playback of third party movies using the Avid DNxHD codec.
- Added support for file recovery of Avid DNxHD movies. Needed to embed sample description extension in the file recovery region.
- Added support for using file name information from the Red Epic and Red One cameras. Updated the file naming configuration.
- Fixed an issue where it was not possible to use file recovery when the “Recover Later” option had been selected. If “Recover Later” is selected, then file recovery can be started from the playback file list. Added support for initiating file recovery from the file browser.
- Calibrated audio meters so they no longer show clipping at -12dBFS.
- Fixed an issue where timecode ancillary data was causing file name corruption on select Panasonic cameras.
- Changed the AtomOS firmware update process to display “Please wait…” during turbo loader updates. This will not be seen until upgrading from 4.1 to a future release.
|Link to file:||ATOMSAM_3.21.zip|
|Release date:||July 22, 2012|