July 3rd 2023
AtomOS 10.93.00 Firmware Release Notes
ATOMOS recommends that your Ninja V is plugged into mains power before commencing the firmware update.
- Insert a compatible, formatted SSD into the Docking Station.
- Unzip the downloaded file and copy the ATOMNJV.FW file to the root of the HDD/SSD.
- Eject the SSD (according to operating system guidelines).
- Insert the SSD into the Ninja V.
- If you have an ATOMOS CONNECT accessory ensure this is connected to your device before powering on, as the module firmware will also need to be updated as part of this FW release.
- Power on the Ninja V and the firmware update process will begin automatically.
- If your Ninja V is already powered on, you will be prompted to perform the firmware update when a drive containing new firmware is inserted.
- Once the update is complete, your Ninja V will power itself down.
- Power your Ninja V back on and the device will automatically start updating the ATOMOS CONNECT accessory.
- To verify if the firmware update was successfully completed, navigate to the main menu and scroll to the info tab.
Note: Once firmware 10.93.00 is successfully installed on the Ninja V, the unit may reboot to update the ATOMOS CONNECT firmware. Do not interrupt the firmware installation process.
On-Device Intercom for Live Shows
When configuring a live show in Atomos Cloud Studio, you can now set up your Ninja V as an intercom device, allowing you to talk or listen to other crew members on a shoot. This was previously only possible via the ATOMOS – Surface app, but with 10.93.00, we're adding Intercom to our Connect-enabled products.
- Powered Microphone
Note: Our devices don't provide Bias Power and require a powered Microphone in order to detect incoming audio through their 3.5mm Mic Jack.
You can find more information on using the On-Device Intercom feature via this link: https://support.atomos.com/hc/en-us/articles/7300356723343
Introduction of the Ignore Audio Dropouts function
Our devices will generally restart the recording if there is any change in the input, regardless if it's in the video or audio feeds. With some video inputs, particularly wireless video transmission systems, when the signal strength decreases, the video may continue to be transmitted consistently, but the audio may drop in and out. In this scenario, the Ninja would then split the clip whenever the audio drops out, even though the video continues to be transmitted.
- Enabling the new "Ignore Audio Dropouts" option via the Audio menu allows the device to continue recording despite the audio dropouts, and it will fill any gaps in the audio track with silence instead of splitting the recording.
Limitations of the Ignore Audio Dropouts function
- Ignore Audio Dropouts can only be used with ProRes and DNx codecs for now.
- Ignore Audio Dropouts only supports up to 8 Audio Channels. The 9/10 and 11/12 channel pairs cannot be used with it.
- Ignore Audio Dropouts cannot be used while Streaming (RTMP, Live Show, or NDI). The feature will be automatically disabled while streaming is configured and re-enabled (if applicable) when the device is no longer streaming.
Full support for the ATOMOS – Cast App
The ATOMOS – Cast App for PC and Mac allows users to access all the features they're already familiar with from operating their CAST via its physical buttons and the Ninja's 5" touchscreen display while gaining access to some exciting new features exclusive to the App.
These new standout features include:
- AI-powered camera matching for each of the CAST's inputs.
- Ability to apply separate LUTs to each of the CAST's inputs.
- Uploading LUTs and Overlay graphics straight to the Ninja from your computer via USB-C.
System Requirements to run the ATOMOS – CAST App
- macOS 10.14 or later
- Windows 10 or later
- Minimum screen resolution: 1280 x 800
- USB 3.0 port (and high-speed USB cable)
Current limitations of the ATOMOS – Cast App
- After changing codecs or switching between playback and record mode, the CAST's USB Video output may not start in the App after pressing the Live button.
- If the Project frame rate is greater than 30 fps, ensure FPS conversion is enabled
- If the Project frame rate is less than 30 fps or if FPS conversion is already enabled, unplug and replug the USB cable to reinitialize the USB video stream.
- If unplugging/replugging the USB cable does not recover the video stream, power cycle the Ninja while USB is disconnected to resolve this issue.
- In Windows, the App may occasionally freeze after a cold/warm boot. Closing and reopening the App will usually resolve this issue.
- Closing and reopening the app will usually resolve this issue.
- If the primary input is interlaced and Zoom x2 monitor mode is enabled, changing the frame rate of the primary input may cause the Ninja display to become mirrored.
This issue is only known to affect certain Ninja V's.
- If yours is affected, tapping the Monitor icon on the unit returns the image display to its normal state.
More details on the ATOMOS – Cast App can be found on our FAQs via this link: https://support.atomos.com/hc/en-us/sections/7330360318863-ATOMOS-Cast-App
Alternatively, there'll also be a setup guide video on our YouTube channel very soon:
Download the ATOMOS – Cast App from here: https://www.atomos.com/product-support
Bug Fixes & Improvements
- Improved A/V Sync with more robust RTMP sample alignment to avoid YouTube audio distortion.
- Wi-Fi Password length increased to 63 characters.
- Starting with 10.93.00, the exposure of ProRes RAW clips recorded from FujiFilm cameras should match the camera's internal recordings more closely now.
Known Limitations to be resolved in future releases:
- It may take up to 10 seconds for Wi-Fi and Ethernet connections to re-established when users switch between record and playback mode. Please allow the system time to automatically reconnect to your network.
- When playing back an H.265 clip that was recorded at 720p50 & 720p59.94, the Zoom and Waveform monitoring functions are disabled.
- Network Record Control is not available when H.265 is selected as the record format.
- Live Streaming is only available when using standard YCC 422 video inputs, and when the record codec is set to either ProRes or DNx. If ProRes RAW or H.265 are selected as the record codec, streaming isn't available.
- If the user boots into ProRes RAW recording mode with a YCC SDI Input, the monitoring image may be incorrect. Monitoring and Recording whilst outputting a RAW signal to the Ninja V in ProRes RAW mode will work as expected.
- If switching between different camera models whilst HDMI Compatibility mode is selected, ensure that you reboot the Ninja V before connecting a new camera.
- In playback mode, selecting the first ProRes RAW file to view, some artifacts may be visible. These are not present in the recorded file and will not appear on any clips played after the first selected clip
- Sluggish performance when using two AtomRemote apps connected to a single ATOMOS CONNECT. Please only pair one AtomRemote app per device.