April 28th 2023
AtomOS 10.90.01 Firmware Release Notes
In order to record RAW from either the Canon R6 MK II or the FujiFilm X-T5, ProRes RAW needs to be activated via the My Atomos portal.
For an in-depth walkthrough of the feature activation process, please visit our FAQs: [https://atomos.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4514756643983-My-Atomos-Feature- Activation-Guide](https://atomos.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4514756643983-My-Atomos-Feature- Activation-Guide)
ATOMOS recommends that your Ninja V+ is plugged into mains power before commencing the firmware update.
- Insert a compatible, formatted HDD/SSD into the Docking Station.
- Unzip the downloaded file and copy the ATOMNJP.FW file to the root of the HDD/SSD.
- Eject the HDD/SSD (according to operating system guidelines).
- Insert the HDD/SSD into the Ninja V+.
- If you have an ATOMOS CONNECT accessory ensure this is connected to your device before powering on, as the module firmware will also need to be updated as part of this FW release.
- Power on the Ninja V+ and the firmware update process will begin automatically.
- If your Ninja V+ is already powered on, you will be prompted to perform the firmware update when a drive containing new firmware is inserted.
- Once the update is complete, your Ninja V+ will power itself down.
- Power your Ninja V+ back on and the device will automatically start updating the ATOMOS CONNECT accessory.
- To verify if the firmware update was successfully completed, navigate to the main menu and scroll to the info tab.
Note: Once firmware 10.90.00 is successfully installed on the Ninja V+, the unit may reboot to update the ATOMOS CONNECT firmware. Do not interrupt the firmware installation process.
Bug Fixes and Improvements:
- This release has fixed an issue for Frame.io Camera to Cloud (C2C) uploads from the Ninja V+, when in Progressive Upload mode. When connected to a slower network there is potential for recorded clips to remain on the Ninja V+ and not be automatically uploaded to the Frame.io unless the Ninja V+ is rebooted.
Known Limitations to be resolved in future releases:
- It may take up to 10 seconds for Wi-Fi and Ethernet connections to re-established when users switch between record and playback mode. Please allow the system time to automatically reconnect to your network.
- Whilst Atomos Live Production is still in BETA, the input latency for all video sources is currently set to an artificially high value of around 750mS due to a technical issue. This value will be substantially reduced with a future Atomos firmware update.
- When playing back an H.265 clip that was recorded at 720p50 & 720p59.94, the Zoom and Waveform monitoring functions are disabled.
- Enabling Wi-Fi may be intermittent. A dialogue message may suggest a system reboot to fix.
- When recording ProRes RAW from the X-H2, there is a 36px thick black line on the right edge of the frame.
- WFM monitor tool is not available for 8kp30 and 6Kp60 RAW inputs.
- Pairing Ninja V+ with a Nikon Z 9 camera, ZOOM audio recorders, and TASCAM audio recorders via AirGlu BT is not supported at this time, as we're working with our partners to implement compatibility for our new AirGlu 2 hardware modules found in all CONNECT-enabled devices. However, pairing to iOS apps UltraSync Blue Slate, Mavis Pro Camera, and MetaRecorder is possible.
- Network Record Control is not available when H.265 is selected as the record format.
- Live Streaming is only available when using standard YCC 422 video inputs, and when the record codec is set to either ProRes or DNx. If ProRes RAW or H.265 are selected as the record codec, streaming isn't available.
- If the user boots into ProRes RAW recording mode with a YCC SDI Input, the monitoring image may be incorrect. Monitoring and Recording whilst outputting a RAW signal to the Ninja V+ in ProRes RAW mode will work as expected.
- If switching between different camera models whilst HDMI Compatibility mode is selected, ensure that you reboot the Ninja V+ before connecting a new camera.
- In playback mode, selecting the first ProRes RAW file to view, some artifacts may be visible. These are not present in the recorded file and will not appear on any clips played after the first selected clip