05 September 2022
AtomOS 10.82.00 Firmware Release Notes
For an in-depth look at the new functionality introduced in this release, visit our FAQs, and check out the CONNECT section in the Ninja V+ user manual. https://atomos.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/4954313185679
If you run into any issues using Ninja V+, contact [email protected]
Atomos recommends that your Ninja V+ is plugged into mains power before commencing the firmware update.
- Insert a compatible, formatted HDD/SSD into the Docking Station.
- Unzip the downloaded file and copy the ATOMNJP.FW file to the root of the HDD/SSD.
- Eject the HDD/SSD (according to operating system guidelines).
- Insert the HDD/SSD into the Ninja V+.
- If you have Atomos Connect Module ensure this is connected to your device before powering on, as the module firmware will also need to be updated as part of this FW release.
- Power on the Ninja V+ and the firmware update process will begin automatically.
- If your Ninja V+ is already powered on, you will be prompted to perform the firmware update when a drive containing new firmware is inserted.
- Once the update is complete, your Ninja V+ will power itself down.
- Power your Ninja V+ back on and the device will automatically start updating the Atomos Connect module.
- To verify if the firmware update was successfully completed, navigate to the main menu and scroll to the info tab.
Note: Once firmware 10.82.00 is successfully installed on the Ninja V+, the unit reboots to update the ATOMOS CONNECT firmware. Do not interrupt the firmware installation process.
CONNECT to ATOMOS Cloud Studio
Pair your Ninja V+ and get ready to access a powerful collection of new cloud-based video production services
- Dial-in your local date, time & time zone in the Date menu on your Ninja V+.
- Put your Ninja V+ into CONNECT mode via the button in the CONNECT menu
- Connect your Ninja V+ to the Internet via Wi-Fi or Ethernet
- Create a new account on cloud.atomos.com or log into your existing ATOMOS Cloud Studio account
- Add a new device to your account and select Ninja V+.
- Enter the three words that are displayed in the Ninja's CONNECT menu after pressing the “Pair” button.
Note: If you've previously added your Ninja V+ to your account for Streaming, you don't need to add or re-pair it again.
Go live via ATOMOS Stream
You can now stream to Facebook Live and Custom RTMP Destinations
- Select and configure the streaming output destination via atomos.cloud
Note: Destinations can be set as: Twitch, YouTube, Facebook and Custom RTMP
- Once configured, the Ninja V+ receives the streaming destination parameters from the Atomos Cloud, and you can start & stop the streaming output by pressing the LIVE button.
- Supported YCC video Input Resolutions: 3840 x 2160, 1920 x 1080
Note: Resolutions above 1080p will be downsampled to 1920 x 1080 Pixels
- Supported Input Frame Rates: 23.98p, 24p, 25p, 29.97p, 50p, 59.94p, 60p
Note: Due to the large number of streaming and social media platforms that accept custom RTMP sources for live streaming, it is not possible to test every available option. Please take a look at our FAQ article that lists the platforms that have been tested so far, and don't hesitate to reach out to our support team if a streaming platform you'd like to use isn't available. https://atomos.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/205529868-Setup-connectivity
Note: Currently, this device only supports streaming to sites that don't require authentication unless they accept it as part of the URL.
Bug Fixes and Improvements:
- Improvements to accuracy of WiFi connection status, including status shown in the WiFi menu tab and the changing status of the WiFi icon in the top info bar.
- The device's MAC address is now displayed in both WiFi and Ethernet tabs.
- The WiFi On/Off status is saved on reboot.
- Users are presented with a dialogue window to confirm if they want to start or stop streaming.
- Tapping the C2C Status Icon allows file upload status to be hidden or shown.
- In Playback mode, a shortcut to the Proxy folder was added to check the upload status of all clips.
- Capture to Cloud – Upload Icon States
- If files have been recovered, Proxy files will not be uploaded and highlighted with a red exclamation mark icon. The recovered files must be manually uploaded to the Cloud.
- The yellow icon indicates that the clip has not yet been uploaded but is in the upload queue.
- The green tick icon indicates that a clip has been successfully uploaded.
- The record tally light on the CONNECT accessory can now be enabled or disabled through the Ninjas menus.
Known Limitations to be resolved in future releases:
- It may take up to 10 seconds for Wi-Fi and Ethernet connections to re-established when users switch between record and playback mode. Please allow the system time to automatically reconnect to your network.
- Enabling Wi-Fi may be intermittent. A dialogue message may suggest a system reboot to fix.
- Live Streaming is only available when using standard YCC 422 video inputs, and when the record codec is set to either ProRes or DNx. If ProRes RAW or H.265 are selected as the record codec, streaming isn't available.
- There may be some faint background noise when recording 1080p23.98/24 in ProRes or DNx.
- If the user boots into ProRes RAW recording mode with a YCC SDI Input, the monitoring image may be incorrect. Monitoring and Recording whilst outputting a RAW signal to the Ninja V+ in ProRes RAW mode will work as expected.
- Network Record Control is not available when H.265 is selected as the record format when using the AtomX SYNC Module or Atomos CONNECT accessory.
- If switching between different camera models whilst HDMI Compatibility mode is selected, ensure that you reboot the Ninja V+ before connecting a new camera.