04 August 2022
AtomOS 10.81.00 Firmware Release Notes
Ninja V & Atomos Connect
The features introduced in this firmware update are only available if the Ninja V is used in combination with the ATOMOS CONNECT accessory.
For an in-depth look at the new functionality introduced in this release, visit our FAQs, and check out the CONNECT section in the updated user manual. https://atomos.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/4954313185679
Before setting up Frame.io in ATOMOS Cloud Studio please ensure the Time Zone, Date and Time are correctly set for your location within your device menu.
If you run into any issues using Ninja V with ATOMOS CONNECT, contact [email protected]
Atomos recommends that your Ninja V is plugged into mains power before commencing the firmware update.
- Insert a compatible, formatted HDD/SSD into the Docking Station.
- Unzip the downloaded file and copy the ATOMNJV.FW file to the root of the HDD/SSD.
- Eject the HDD/SSD (according to operating system guidelines).
- Insert the HDD/SSD into the Ninja V.
- If you have Atomos Connect Module ensure this is connected to your device before powering on, as the module firmware will also need to be updated as part of this FW release.
- Power on the Ninja V and the firmware update process will begin automatically.
- If your Ninja V is already powered on, you will be prompted to perform the firmware update when a drive containing new firmware is inserted.
- Once the update is complete, your Ninja V will power itself down.
- Power your Ninja V back on and the device will automatically start updating the Atomos Connect module.
- To verify if the firmware update was successfully completed, navigate to the main menu and scroll to the info tab.
Note: Once firmware 10.81.00 is successfully installed on the Ninja V, the unit reboots to update the ATOMOS CONNECT firmware. Do not interrupt the firmware installation process.
CONNECT to ATOMOS Cloud Studio
Pair your Ninja V and get ready to access a powerful collection of new cloud-based video production services
- Dial-in your local date, time & time zone in the Date menu on your Ninja V.
- Put your Ninja V into CONNECT mode via the button in the CONNECT menu
- Connect your Ninja V to the Internet via Wi-Fi or Ethernet
- Create a new account on cloud.atomos.com or log into your existing ATOMOS Cloud Studio account
- Add a new device to your account and select Ninja V.
- Enter the three words that are displayed in the Ninja V’s CONNECT menu after pressing the “Pair” button.
Note: If you've previously added your Ninja V to your account to try out Streaming, you don't need to add or re-pair it again.
FRAME.IO - CAMERA TO CLOUD (C2C)
Simultaneously record high-quality “hero” and bandwidth- efficient “proxy” files with matching filenames and timecode
Full-resolution “hero” clips (at up to 4Kp30 ) can be recorded in either Avid DNxHR/HD or Apple ProRes, whilst Proxies will be recorded at 1080p resolution in H.265.
Here's how you can set up your Ninja V for Frame.io workflows:
- Select Frame.io as the destination in ATOMOS Cloud Studio.
- You'll be prompted to log in to your Frame.io account. Enter your login details in this step.
- In the next dialog, allow ATOMOS Cloud Studio to access your Frame.io account.
- Whilst your ATOMOS Cloud Studio account pairs with Frame.io, you'll return to the Devices tab.
- Once paired, you will be able to select a Frame.io project as a media destination for your device.
- Frame.io will now appear at the bottom of the device box in ATOMOS Cloud Studio. Activate the toggle switch to establish connection to the previously selected Frame.io destination.
- Log into your Frame.io acount in a new browser window and navigate to the project you defined as a media destination for your device. Proxy files will be sent and stored in the individual camera folder.
- If you take a look at your Ninja V's CONNNECT menu now, it indicates that the Device Mode is Frame.io C2C. The selected Frame.io project will also appear at Destination.
- Now that you are connected to a Frame.io project, recording a clip on your Shogun Connect will generate a 1080p, H.265 (HEVC) proxy file that is automatically uploaded to the Frame.io project you selected.
- After recording is stopped, a green arrow on screen indicates that the file is being uploaded to Frame.io. Once the upload is complete, your Ninja V displays a green circle icon to indicate that the connection is idle.
- Now that the files from your Ninja V are uploaded to Frame.io, they can be moved, copied, annotated or shared like any other asset in your Frame.io project.
Note: A more detailed guide on how to set up your Ninja V for Frame.io Camera to Cloud workflows can be found here.
Note: For a complete table detailing all supported resolutions & frame rates for C2C hero clips, please visit our FAQs. https://atomos.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/5252721373583
Note: For more information on how to utilze Frame.io Camera to Cloud, refer to frame.io/c2c or watch the Frame.io Training Series at frame.io/c2c-training
Note: The only route to pair your Atomos device to Frame.io is via ATOMOS Cloud Studio. It can not be paired from within Frame.io by using the 6 digit code method.
Note: The Proxy file upload status queue can only be checked by switching to playback mode but files will not upload whilst in playback mode.
Note: Any files recorded whilst not connected to the network will be stored locally on SSD and get automatically queued for upload once connection is re-established.
Note: Proxy files are sent to Frame.io in serial, one after the other, and upload speeds are not optimized.
Note: Proxy files are set to record in a fixed bit rate.
- Sony and Nextorage SSDmini drives get detected faster now.
- Audio optimizations when using the Ninja V for Live Streaming.
- The Ninja V displays the RF Sync Status parameters correctly now, when integrated into a AirGlu Sync Mesh.
Known Limitations to be resolved in future releases:
- It may take up to 10 seconds for Wi-Fi and Ethernet connections to re-established when users switch between record and playback mode.
- Enabling Wi-Fi may be intermittent, a dialogue message may suggest a system reboot to fix.
- Facebook Live or Custom RTMP are currently not available as selectable destinations in ATOMOS Cloud Studio.
- Live Streaming is only available when using standard YCC 422 video inputs, and when the record codec is set to either ProRes or DNx. If ProRes RAW or H.265 are selected as the record codec, streaming isn't available.
- There may be some faint background noise when recording 1080p23.98/24 in ProRes or DNx.
- If the user boots into ProRes RAW recording mode with a YCC SDI Input, the monitoring image may be incorrect. Monitoring and Recording whilst outputting a RAW signal to the Ninja V in ProRes RAW mode will work as expected.
- Network Record Control is not available when H.265 is selected as the record format when using the AtomX SYNC Module or Atomos CONNECT accessory.
- If switching between different camera models whilst HDMI Compatibility mode is selected, ensure that you reboot the Ninja V before connecting a new camera.